Greg Bond Memorial Award 2016: Call for Nominations
Nominations are currently being accepted for the Greg Bond Memorial Award. Deadline for submission is July 2, 2016.
Greg Bond Memorial Award
(Honouring Outstanding Contribution to Musical Theatre in Calgary)
This annual award is intended to honour the outstanding achievement by an individual—either for this season or for accumulated dedication or achievement—in musical theatre in Calgary.
The award is made possible through the Toronto Community Foundation, and is presented by the Bond Family in memory of their son, Greg (1954–1989). Greg studied and worked in musical theatre across Canada, from Banff to Charlottetown as well as in Australia. His life was marked by a drive for professionalism, a talent for composition, and a desire to continually study, create and perform. He will be remembered for his positive attitude and his remarkable ability to give and engender respect from everyone whom his life touched.
Criteria for the Greg Bond Memorial Award:
- Preference will be given to those who reside in Calgary;
- Will have contributed to the profile of musical theatre in Calgary;
- Will have the qualities of: cooperation, self-discipline and work ethic;
- Areas of specialization may include, but are not restricted to: performance, musical direction, education, choreography, composition, instrumentalist;
- Is a professional in his/her field, and viewed as such by his/her peers.
The successful nominee will receive a $1000 cash award and be recognized with a statuette at the 2016 Betty Mitchell Awards.
Previous recipients have included: Doug McKeag, Tom Doyle, Margot McDermott, Bob Foster, Marilyn Perkins, Stage West Calgary, Hal Kerbes, Joe Slabe, Elaine Higgin Case, Mark Bellamy, David Rhymer, Denise Clarke, Joel Cochrane, Chris Jacko, Onalea Gilbertson, Willy Joosen, and the Young Canadians.
Tickets go on sale soon, so stay tuned!